Thursday, August 15, 2013

Aye Mere Pyare Watan - Happy Indepedence Day! :)



Firstly, a very Happy Independence Day to all of you! :) I’ve chosen a song that’s very close to my heart and gives me goosebumps each time I listen to it – A very heart-rending song from the movie Kabuliwala based on a story ‘Kabuliwala’ written by Rabindranath Tagore. The void is so easily felt as Manna Dey ji’s soulful singing and Prem Dhawan’s lyrics melts your heart and narrate the feelings of people who are away from their homes and dearly miss their motherland….

Specially dedicated to our soldiers who stay away from their dear ones and without whose sacrifices we wouldn’t be celebrating Independence today….and also to all those who tirelessly contribute to the progress of our nation….

Though I had the K-track for this song, I preferred to give this a raw appeal with just vocals and some accompaniment – something that I liked in Sunidhi Chauhan’s version on Amul Star Voice of India forum….I would like to thank Gopu for providing me the keyboard accompaniment. It was indeed very nice of him to go out of his way and do this at the last minute…. :)

Pardon my recording and mixing mistakes….headphones please…. :)

Jai Hind!

Movie : Kabuliwala
Music Director : Salil Chowdhury
Singer(s) : Manna Dey
Lyricist : Prem Dhawan
Mixing : Gopu and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment